- Per Person
A heli-kayak trip to Digger’s Bend on the Russian River!
The Digger’s Bend Trip includes a 30 minute scenic tour of the prominent features of the Russian River and the Sonoma Wine Country. The aircraft will drop-off guests directly to the launch point at Diggers Bend on the Russian River.
Enjoy a champagne toast upon your arrival. Guests will receive their prepackaged gourmet lunch from Costeaux French Bakery and begin their 5 mile trip down river. The paddle is 2.5 hours. However, the return time can be as late as 3:30 pm giving our guests the opportunity to decide on return time. This trip ends at our headquarters at Memorial Bridge.
A complimentary shuttle back to the airport is included. Shuttle to local hotels available for a fee.
How It Works
- You arrive at Helico Sonoma 5990 Flightline Drive Santa Rosa, CA 95403 right next to Santa Rosa Airport
- Zac and his team will take you on a 30 minute flight to Digger’s Bend Launch Site
- Upon arrival, you will enjoy a champagne toast and board your vessel for a five mile trip. Your gourmet lunch will be prepackaged in a cooler for you. You can stop anywhere a long the trip for lunch.
- Your paddle time is 2.5 hours. Your trip ends at Memorial Bridge in Healdsburg. You must return by 3:30 pm.
- Return shuttle to airport departs at 4 pm.
What to Expect on the River:
The Russian River is a low flow sandbar river during the summer period. The average depth is knee to waist deep with shallow sandbars and swimming holes deeper than 10 feet. The upper river, where we operate, is recognized for clarity and consistent flow as well as wildlife such as herons, egrets, turtles, osprey, various waterfowl, deer, and an occasional eagle or otter.
The Russian River is lake fed and very comfortable for swimming. There are deep pools, shallow riffles, and occasional sandbars that may cause you to briefly get out of your boat to pass through.
We expect our guest to be back by 3:30 pm. We close at 4 pm. All boats returning after 4 pm are subject to automatic late fee of $25. Please be back on time. Thank you.
There are NO REFUNDS!
Self-Guided Trips: If your party or any individual in your party cancels at least 24 hours prior to your scheduled trip date you will be issued full credit towards a future River’s Edge Trip. However, taxes and fees are non-refundable.
No credit will be given to no-shows.
Most reservations may be transferred to a qualified person substituted by you for your space.